Broad Bean Plants are really easy to grow. Here’s how we grew them from a seed to a plant.
1. We soaked the broad bean seeds in water, in a saucer, for an hour.
2. We then placed the soaked seeds in glass containers with damp tissue. After only a few days, roots began to sprout.
3. Over time, the plants sprouted deeper roots, stems and eventually leaves.
4. They were then ready to be planted in earth, with some good compost mixed in.
5. After about three months these plants should be developed enough to produce bean pods…
We also drew our plants. Because of the glass container, we were able to get a good look at the root system too.
Bean Plant Drawing (Work In Progress)